Saturday, November 2, 2013

Nexus 5 vs Moto X



Those who know me would probably know that I am a huge fan of the Nexus range of devices. Hell, my current daily driver is a Nexus 4. I prefer Vanilla Android look and feel, or Android as Google intended. Any Android devices that I use that is not a Nexus, runs either CyanogenMod, or Nova Launcher.

Despite all the craze recently about the Nexus 5, the cheap price for the specs and all, I think I still like the Moto X better. In some ways, the Moto X is more “Google-like” compared to the Nexus 5. Like Touchless Control, the ability to launch it even without touching the phone. Like Motorola Connect, which plugs into Chrome on desktop to allow you access to your communications on your phone. Active Display, Motorola Assist, so on and so forth.

In short, I really like the add-ons from Motorola on top of what appears to be vanilla Android. For once there is an Android device I really want, that is not a Nexus. I don’t mind the 720p AMOLED display, and the “slower” Motorola X8 chip since it helps with battery life. That, is more important to me. I don’t mind the smaller 4.7” screen at all, in fact I actually prefer the smaller size of it which makes it easier for one-handed use. All which I talked about previously on this post here.

In short, am I getting the Nexus 5? No. I will see whether Motorola will bring the Moto X to asian markets (particularly Singapore), or see what Project Ara (something i’m really excited about too) will yield. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment