Tuesday, April 23, 2013

BlackBerry 10 Slider?



Apparently, BlackBerry has been awarded a patent filed in the December of 2011 for a portrait slider. As with most patent companies file for, this may or may not come to fruition at all.


Source: CrackBerry

Personally, I am not a fan of phones in a slider form factor. I had a Torch 9810 that I never did enjoy using.



Some might think of a slider as the best of both worlds. A big display, along with a physical keyboard to type on. But too be honest, on the 9810, I felt like it was a compromise of both world. It has a smaller display than the Torch 9860, and a smaller keyboard compared to the Bold 9900, both of which I had.

Now that the Q10 is coming, the BlackBerry 10 portfolio now consists of a Full Touch Screen device (Z10), and a Physical Keyboard device (Q10). Should BlackBerry make a BlackBerry 10 slider?

If you read the above paragraph, you probably know what I think. But nonetheless, I had some free time and cooked up a quick mock up of what I imagined a slider might look.



Anyone here a fan of the slider form factor?

No comments:

Post a Comment