Monday, March 11, 2013

BlackBerry Z10 Goodness



It has been less than a week since I got my Z10. Despite some minor bugs in the OS, it works really well. Of course the other thing would be the ecosystem. Since whatsapp has been announced to be here, I only have one other app that I really would like to see on BlackBerry 10. Endomondo. It is the only reason that I still use my Nexus 4. Just for the purpose of using endomondo.


I am by no means a huge app user. Even on other platforms I don’t have that many apps on my phone. A lot of apps there, are actually more of a “Nice to Have”, instead of need to have. So I’m perfectly happy with my Z10 to be honest.

One thing I did notice just yesterday was the orientation lock. It’s a great feature for when you want to type or browse in portrait while still lying on your bed. I’m sure most of us have been there. Trying to type and the display keep changing orientation. But I discovered yesterday that you can’t actually lock videos. You can, but it will be in portrait mode. Which is kind of a bummer since I like to load a few tv series sometimes to watch just before bed. This is mainly due to the lack of a landscape mode for the home screen. If you lock the orientation, it has to be in portrait mode. It is perfectly understandable not to have a landscape home screen though, but it would be nice if there was a overflow menu button that you can use to lock videos in landscape. That would be perfect for me.

Other than that, there is the phantom toggle of accounts under “Hub” settings. If you scroll through the list of accounts in a certain manner it would toggle it off. A little annoying I must say. But not a deal breaker.

There are a few others bugs that I would like to see ironed out, and features added in future updates as well. But so far the experience with the Z10 has been a great one. The keyboard is phenomenal too. In fact his whole post was typed out on my Z10 in the trapeez tumblr client. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment