Tuesday, December 11, 2012

WTF! Apple.



Everytime i try to use an iPhone, i’m reminded of why I switch.

I bought an old iPhone 3G just for the fun of it, since it was pretty cheap. Only to realise that I cant install anything on my phone from App Store. I have tons of purchased apps there since I had been an iPhone user for years. Apparently, almost all the apps i need requires iOS 4.3, which the iPhone 3G conveniently can’t update to. My apps on my itunes has all been updated to newer versions since I have an iPhone 4 as well, so they don’t work as well.

I don’t understand why can’t App Store detects that you’re using an older device and offer an older version of an app so you can install, like what almost everybody is doing. I can get a Bold 9000 and use App World to install apps just fine, it detects my OS version and offers me the appropriate version that I can use. What is the point of having App Store on my iPhone when nothing in it works?

Workaround? Jailbreak. And install older versions of “cracked” apps. Apps that I have purchased before and now have to pirate inorder to make it work. It is the only thing that makes the phone work as it should. The way I see it, the jailbreaking community is help solving Apple’s problems. Like if you have an iPhone 3G with a broken home button, you’re screwed. You can’t exit apps. But if you jailbreak and install “Activator”, you can at least program other buttons to work like the home button.

This is just plain dumb imo. Its like they’re indirectly forcing you to upgrade, even though your old 3G still works just fine for you. They find ways to make it not work. Imagine if you don’t have any backup of older versions of app, you’re pretty much screwed, and be forced to jailbreak your phone. The very thing that Apple doesn’t want you to do.

Fix it. Offer me older versions of apps that are compatible with my OS version. Don’t be that stupid to tell me to upgrade to an OS version, that my phone doesn’t even support, and not allow any apps to be downloaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment